!

Monday, September 16, 2013

DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE

This class is giving me the rare opportunity to design my own learning experience. I'm a very independent person so being able to create my own path for this year is exhilarating. My Big Question is a question that honestly, I don't know if I will ever be able to find the answer to. Why some people have so much while others have so little and why we allow some parts of the world to get so left behind while we move foreword is a very complicated question that does not have a simple answer. To work through the complexities of my big question, I will set goals that will allow me to have a future in which I am working directly with this big question. I don't expect to solve the social injustices of the world but I do expect to make differences and improvements in any ways that I can. I plan to use Smart goals to achieve this. A definite goal of mine is to attend Stanford or Berkeley in the fall. Those goals may not end up being attainable for me but I definitely plan to attempt! Even if the goal doesn't work out exactly the way I planned, the preparation for that goal will allow me to attend a different 4-year university. I am realizing that everything I do is in preparation for the bigger career that I want to have after college that will give me the opportunity to change aspects of the world that I'm uncomfortable with. The straight A's that I work hard to get will help me get into a good college that will offer me the education that I want. The hours I spend for my internship are giving me leadership skills that will help me later on in my career. Thinking in this way makes everything I'm doing this year seem more meaningful.
I will use this course to help me get to the next step in my life. I will focus the curriculum this year on my big question and use all of the various sources available to help myself achieve my short and long term goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment