!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

LAUNCH

Well since I have always had a knack for bringing up subjects that no one else likes to talk about, I am doing my project on body image. More than body image though, I also want to focus on positivity and the role that media plays in our definition of beauty and perfection. Rachel Shedd did a project with similar topics last semester so I will be working with her to expand on the ideas she came up with last semester and Kendall Villa will be working with us as well.

Walking around Righetti can be a fairly negative experience sometimes so the positivity aspect of our project will hopefully make the hallways suck less. A few parts of our project are secret for now so I won't say much about certain parts.

We definitely plan on using people as our main resource. We want to talk to as many people from as many walks of life as possible to make our class presentation complete. I think this is an important issue to address because it is something that an overwhelming number of people struggle with but don't always talk about. It is something is personally connected to my life so I think I will learn a lot getting input from other people.

I am really excited about this project. I am happy with the somewhat secretive work that we have done thus far and I am anxious to continue working on it and taking steps to move the project forward. I think it will be a unique and enlightening project.

No comments:

Post a Comment