!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HACKING MY EDUCATION

What do I want to know?
There are two things that I currently want to know more about. One of them is outdoor education and the other is non-profit management. These are two paths that I am considering for my future and ideally I will be able to do both of them at some point. I've always been drawn to the outdoors and channeling my energy and frustrations into the outdoors has really changed my life and I want to help other students have that same experience. Non-profit management is something I'm interested in but know very little about. I love traveling and making positive changes so this might be a career that I would enjoy (because according to my ever so practical brother I cannot backpack around the world for the rest of my life and expect to make a living).

Skills...Skills...Skills..
I can use my blog as a resource to keep track of research I do with regards to these two topics. I can keep a running tab of all of the information I encounter in one place to stay concise and organized. I can also use collaboration in class to gain leadership skills which would be helpful in outdoor education and management.

What experiences do I want to have?
I was recently lucky enough to do a 6 month internship concerning outdoor education. I want more experiences like that. Ones where I can talk to professionals to get a better idea of the field. I want to really understand the options that I have and what I could possibly be getting into.

I can use my peers and professionals extensively in the next six months to get new perspectives. I can hopefully find more people that are already in these fields and collaborate with them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment