!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

THOUGHTS ON HAMLET (IN PROGRESS)

When we first started reading Hamlet I didn't think he was as complex as a character as I think he is now. I dismissed his weird, frenetic attitude as crazy. Now that I've read into his character a little more I think that he is actually quite smart. The intricate plans that he carries out are quite clever and the way he is able to fool the people around him shows that he is conscious and in control of his mind. Hamlet is a prescient individual. While he often lets his emotions get to him, he doesn't lose sight of his grander plans. He knows what he needs to do and he has keen insight about it. As for Gertrude, I'm still unsure about her character. Is she just stupid, or is she plotting as well? I feel like if I was her I wouldn't be so confused about why my son was upset: as a mother it should be obvious to her.
I think that Hamlet's need for revenge is only getting stronger as time goes on and soon something big will go down between him and Claudius. I don't what is coming for Hamlet and Ophelia. Hamlet did kill her father so she might be a little upset with him. I think that Gertrude will become disloyal to Claudius. I think that eventually she will listen to Hamlet and understand the stupidity of her actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment