!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE CROSSROADS OF SHOULD AND MUST

We have all come to that crossroads of should and must and know what it's like to like to make the difficult decision between should and must. If you're lucky, you've chosen must at that crossroads most of the time but many of us are stuck in the routine of choosing should. Should is outwardly directed. It is what we think others want to see us do. Should is based upon expectations. Must, on the other hand, is personal. It is our innate, instinctive passions and ideas.

In my life, I am happy with my balance between should and must. I live by my passions and I do the things that I love to do everyday. Being a high school student I still have to do a fair amount of shoulds but more and more as I become more independent, I notice myself focusing more on the musts. I know what work my heart is with and slowly, I am pushing myself to live in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment