!

Saturday, November 9, 2013

HAMLET REMIX

Since I spend so much time in the studio and dance is something I really enjoy I made my essay into a dance. I did this choreography partially in my head as I was driving and the rest of it kind of just happened on the spot.
The song plays a lot this time of year and it reminds me of Hamlet for some reason. I'm not sure exactly why but if I was scoring a film adaptation of the play this song would probably make it in there. It just fits.
Our words can be more than words and our movements can be more than movements. Obviously I am focusing more on movement here. The movement displays the topic of the essay. I'm not just blindly doing movement, it means something. You can say words and have them mean nothing but when you say certain things they become action. I can do movement that people tell me to do, or I can my own story through my own sequence of movements. I was trying to show that at some points what you're expressing is slow and it isn't having much of an effect but at other, more intense moments, you have all of this meaning you're trying to express and turn into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment